- March 14, 2017
- Posted by: papasiddhi
- Category: Big Data, Healthcare
A good life and a bad health cannot go hand-in-hand. Hence, health plays a major role in our lives.
While the advent of digital technology has tremendously transformed the Healthcare Industry, Big Data, in particular, has proved to be a major breakthrough. In fact, Big Data with its enormous growth potential for development has swept the entire world in the last decade. This is because an immense amount of data sets generates for various brands, organisations, government institutions, educational places and even individuals on a day-to-day basis. Big data and analytics helping the healthcare industry to manage millions of related data easily and assess and evaluate them to reform and betterment of the world.
Here are the 4 benefits of integrating Big Data with healthcare:
1. As said, it helps store patients’ information online saving a lot of physical space. It doesn’t require you to store data on paper, and offering only singular access.
2. This huge data uses to analyze trends on a global basis as a large data repository for various health research. Having immense data offers researchers access to many sources from which they may better understand illness and disease.
3. Another advantage of using big data is the ability to analyze it to identify clear patterns in health or hospital operations. The results of these evaluations can assist doctors and administrators to understand strengths, weaknesses, etc. They can also predict outcomes and initiate preventive measures and access previous data to form treatment plans.
For instance, Hospital- acquired infections (HAIs) have emerged as a serious threat to patients that lead to expensive treatments, extended illness or even death. Often, patients can get an HAI while using a medical device or during a medical process. However, it was found that the rate of HAIs can drop to 70% if healthcare professionals take preventive measures. For that matter, healthcare institutions and facilities are now using big data analytics through Real Time Location Systems (RTLs). These devices can produce reports about visits to hand hygiene stations. The data is then collected to produce results in a graphical manner that pinpoint patterns and enhance hand-washing hygiene adherence.
4. Wearable technologies and mobile health devices can be used on the patient’s all times to monitor and record various health factors. These capabilities enable the physician to analyze the recorded data more easily to make more accurate diagnoses. As such, big data can be especially helpful in determining patient satisfaction levels and trajectories.
With big data, healthcare industry has now access to better information, which is the key to a more intelligent healthcare system. This development has led to achieving major breakthroughs which is supporting the healthcare system through stretched resources and increased facilities.
This is a great site with some great tips
This Blog is awesome it is well described and step by step. Keep updating new blogs.
I am really inspired together with your writing abilities and also with the layout for your blog. Is this a paid subject or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice high quality writing, it is rare to look a great weblog like this one these days..
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.